Even the best financial professionals need to do a little bit of marketing to continue expanding their business. So above and beyond individual emails, we’ve compiled a number of marketing initiatives for you to consider.
Use your Coverpath URL build a digital presence on Facebook and LinkedIn financial professional pages, social media ad campaigns, your agency website and more.
Click on the following sections for in depth information:
Posting your link on social media can help you reach new leads and stay top of mind for existing clients who may need more coverage in the future.
Leverage your business contacts and referral partners - employee benefits brokers, CPAs, lawyers, P&C firms, etc. - who might have strong incentives to help market Coverpath.
3. Paid Advertising
80% of people delete emails from senders they don’t recognize. Which is why engaging in paid social campaigns on Facebook and LinkedIn is a great way to generate sales of a digital offering. More information to come on how to use paid online campaigns to generate traffic to your Coverpath site.
4. Email Signature
To make your personal Coverpath link accessible in all communications, include it in your email signature. Example:
Financial Professional Name
Insurance License #
Agency Name, a member of MassMutual Financial Group
Direct: XXX-XXX-XXXX | Cell: XXX-XXX-XXXX
5. MassMutual.com Profiles
It is now possible to add your Coverpath URL to your MassMutual.com profile! To do so, visit http://my.financialguide.com/ and login to your account.
Once logged in navigate to the Contact Info section under the first tab 1. Contact Info. Enter your Coverpath URL into the Coverpath Link field then save and submit your profile for review. Within 24 hours of your profile approval a Coverpath button will begin appearing on your MassMutual.com profile.
6. Webpage Button
For financial professionals who maintain their own websites, consider embedding your link onto your homepage or life insurance specific page. We suggest the below copy to accompany your link:
Interested in term life insurance? Use our online platform to access a quality MassMutual convertible term policy, through an efficient and easier, just plain better customer experience. Have a question? I’m here to help. Learn more here <hyperlink to your personal link>.
7. Marketing Tips
- Keep Licenses Up-To-Date: Ensure all of your licenses are up-to-date/valid before targeting recipients of a particular State. Should a lead begin an application in a State where you are not currently licensed, the application will be put in a holding pattern and the user experience will suffer. Anytime an application is submitted in a state that you are not licensed, the Coverpath team will be notified and will communicate immediately to you to take action. It is worth noting that this should only occur when using the generic link.
- Buying Lists For Coverpath Can Be Risky: Use caution when emailing your Coverpath link to purchased lists. While we understand that purchasing lists of potential leads is a common practice, emailing large groups of non-qualified addresses bears some significant risk. Namely, if your email causes a statistically significant (0.4% or higher) complaint rate, you will be at risk for having your domain name blocked from future sends to the same recipients. Also, if you are using a marketing automation platform, you could be restricted by the provider.
- Check Out These Additional Tips:
IMPORTANT: To Help you in your prospecting efforts, we created a series of pre-approved messages you can use on LinkedIn and email. View these messages in the Prospecting Messages section of the help center.
8. Video Marketing
Here is an example introduction to Coverpath for clients:
Note: the CRN for this video has been updated: CRN202101-225298
To share the link to this video:
- Click the share icon (paper airplane)
- Copy the link shown (https://vimeo.com/254906398)
To embed the video in your agency site for example:
- Click the share icon (paper airplane)
- Click the </> button
- Follow the on-screen instructions
More videos to come soon!