- Client submits the application by clicking "Get my Decision"
- The client accepts the initial offer on the Coverpath site (TLIC or knockout)
- Client e-signs via DocuSign email
- An automated email is sent instructing the customer to schedule the paramedical exam with ExamOne or APPS. The client has up to 120 days to complete the exam from the time they e-sign their application.
How Does It Work?
The medical exam is designed to be convenient for your client (and you). A trained paramedic will come to either your client's home, office, or your client can go to an ExamOne/Quest Labs location.
The paramed will review family medical history; measure blood pressure, height and weight; collect blood and urine samples. The exam typically takes about 20 minutes, and is paid for by Coverpath.
In preparation for a life insurance medical exam, it's best to not eat, exercise or drink anything but water for 8 hours before the appointment. This helps clients be their "best self" for the exam.
*Important note: Adult clients seeking coverage of $50,000 or less will still need to do a full blood/urine exam.
Exam Vendor Contact Info
- ExamOne: (866) 452-2663 ext. 2
- APPS: (516) 822-6230
Client Exam Scheduling Notifications
Clients will receive an email reminder every 5 days until they schedule their medical exam.
For added convenience, the exam vendor will call the client once per day (first call is within 48 hrs of e-signing) until the exam is scheduled.
Scheduling by email is also an option; this varies per exam vendor location / scheduling Manager
Once the exam is scheduled, a 'Congratulations on scheduling your exam' notification is sent to the client and financial professional.
- Once the exam results are ready, they are relayed to Coverpath. This can take 5-7 business days from time of the exam. The client also receives the lab slip / barcode which can be used to securely retrieve the results online. At this time we do not allow the advisor to access the lab slip/results directly.
- Once exam results are received, the case is reviewed by an underwriter.
- Multiple factors impact the underwriting review process and timing, but a clean case (e.g. no other health concerns) is usually approved within 48 hours.
- The largest delays at this stage are due to additional questions required or an APS (Attending Physician Statement). Click here to learn more about how these work and our efforts in ensuring we take every action to assist clients in providing the required information as efficiently as possible.
Exception Coverpath Exam Workflow / How to Use Existing Lab Results
If you prefer to schedule the exam on behalf of the client (or already have existing lab results), please follow the important guidelines here.
Account Center Paramedical Exam Status
- The Coverpath Client Cases center provides detailed information on the status of APPS and ExamOne managed exams to help you stay on top of the process
- Click Cases in the top navigation menu. The list view provides an instant status:
- Click into a case to see more detail for APPS and ExamOne managed exams: