Followup questions and APS
While a case is in underwriting, occasionally additional questions or an Attending Physician Statement (APS) are required. You will know this through the app status in the Client Case Center:
- Needs followup = Additional questions required and sent to the client
- APS = Attending Physician Statement requested of client
You will also receive an email when additional questions or an APS is requested.
- We can not provide you with a copy of additional questions asked of the client however, feel free to contact your client based on your usual best practice when further information is needed to process the app.
- You can follow up on the status of an APS by contacting Support or reach out to your New Business Team for an update and status details that will be viewable through Parameds.com. The client or the advisor can expedite the APS process by reaching out to the facility and requesting they expedite the transmission of records to Parameds. Alternatively, a client can obtain the records from the facility and upload securely by clicking here.
How do we handle hospitals that require a wet signature?
When an underwriter makes a request for APS (digitally), Parameds is responsible for getting it to Coverpath:
- Parameds will reach out to the hospital / healthcare org and request the APS and the hospital might request the proprietary wet form
- If the wet form is requested, Parameds sends the form to Coverpath Operations and we collect the signature from the client
- Client prints out the form, signs, scans and emails it back to the Operations team
- Once the signed form is received, we upload it to Parameds.com, and it's sent to the hospital so the APS can be completed
If you already have the APS
You can upload the APS directly through this online form (click here for more details and a PDF download version if necessary).
What's the process for follow up questions?
- If additional questions are requested from an underwriter, your client will be e-mailed letting them know to login to Coverpath, review & respond. Below is a copy of the email that the advisor will be CC'd on:
- After the client clicks on review & respond the client will be prompted to enter the last 4 of their SSN.
- Your client will answer each additional question, and then click submit.
If you need more information about the additional questions or APS, please file a request via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 866-957-5347.