Coverpath allows you to send application links to prospective clients through your own email account.
To ensure this happens smoothly, follow the appropriate steps below to set your email client default. For example, if you use the Outlook app on a PC (the desktop/native client, not the online version, called Outlook 365), follow the matching instructions noted here.
Outlook app on a PC (app is opened from your device)
- Go to the Control Panel. On a laptop for example:
• Click the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of your screen
• Click on Settings (gear symbol)
• Type Control Panel in the search box at the top of the screen
- Click on Default Programs
- Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
- Click on the program listed under Mail (or Mail-To)
- Select the email program you use for work email (e.g. Outlook). The Page will start loading again after which your default email client will be updated.
Outlook app on a Mac (app is opened from your device)
- Open your Apple Mail software through the dock or through the finder window (search for Mail)
- Go to the Mail menu and choose Preferences
- Click the General tab
- Select the desired Default email reader (e.g. Outlook)
Gmail web app
- Open Gmail in the Chrome browser (since Coverpath currently works best in Chrome)
- Click the small double-diamond symbol in the URL bar while you're in Gmail. It's to the right and looks like this:
- Select Allow
- Select Done
Outlook web app (part of Office 365)
Because of the way Outlook web app (Office 365) works, it requires extra steps to configure as your default email client for Coverpath. For this reason, it's not recommended at this time.
Removing a default email client in Chrome
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click > Settings
- Scroll down and click Advanced
- Scroll down and click Content settings
- Scroll down and click Handlers
- Next to the email provider in question (e.g. mail.google.com) click and select Remove