Proxy access refers to the ability for someone other than the financial professional to access the platform on the financial professional's behalf.
Coverpath proxy eligibility
- Support staff, Sales Managers, Brokerage Directors and General Agents:
If you have an AE or AA ID, have one of the above noted roles, and are already established as a proxy for a single or multiple financial professionals for other MassMutual applications [e.g. Salesforce, Broadridge (CRC - Client Reports Central)], then you have Coverpath proxy access: open Chrome and go to coverpath.com
If you are NOT already established as a proxy for the specific financial professional(s) for other MassMutual apps as noted above, request proxy access to Coverpath in the same way as for these other applications, directly through your Agency Security Administrator (ASA).
You must have proxy permissions established prior to gaining proxy access to Coverpath.
ASAs can refer to the following FieldNet proxy access guide if necessary.
- If you have an AA ID, are a financial professional (and not one of the above-noted roles) and are already established as a proxy through your ASA as mentioned above, you can request proxy access in Coverpath by emailing email@example.com
To access Coverpath:
- Open Chrome
- Go to coverpath.com
- Login with your MassMutual Okta credentials
- Click one of the three Coverpath workflow options: Quote or Apply, Email Link, Copy LInk.
Use the Switch Financial Professional selector that appears to change financial professionals (if applicable):
**IMPORTANT: If you see a LOCK icon next to the financial professional name means they have not accessed Coverpath yet. At least one login is necessary to activate them in this list.
- The proxy can perform all functions on behalf of the financial professional, except:
• eSignature of applications
- IMPORTANT: The Cases default view is not filtered by the financial professional selected for quoting purposes. It shows all cases associated with all advisors the support staff can proxy as.
You can filter by financial professional (as well as case status) to see only a subset of cases. You can also search by the financial professional's last name. This will bring up only cases associated with that financial professional. More information on filtering and search functionality is here.
- IMPORTANT: Proxy access and broker corporations:
• Proxy access to Coverpath is not available for a corp (i.e. someone can’t proxy as a corp itself)
• Proxy access to Coverpath is not available for a sub of a corp (i.e. someone can’t proxy as the sub of a corp)
This means that even if a proxy has all agency access, they won’t be able to proxy as the sub producer of a corporation nor see the sub producer’s cases in the Cases center.
Sales Managers and Brokerage Directors
Sales Managers and Brokerage Directors who are also established as proxies per the standard MassMutual process can access Coverpath and do the following:
- Proxy as other financial professionals (only those for whom you are eligible to proxy and who are part of your home agency)
- Submit personal business (i.e. your own)
- View case level details
- Dynamic role switching (easily switch from your Sales role to proxy role with a simple selector)