Coverpath is a platform offering you and your clients a modern, efficient way to acquire and process convertible MassMutual term life and whole life policies. The information below highlights the business that is currently eligible along with a few key differences of Coverpath from EZ-App.
- Click here for more details on term eligibility.
- Click here for more details on whole life eligibility.
- Click here for more details on juvenile eligibility.
- Coverpath is entirely digital.
- The medical questions are built into the application so Coverpath will not send the client a CMI.
- If more information is needed, the underwriter will send follow-up questions to the client via email; Coverpath does not have phone interviews/PHI.
- The final offer is accepted and signed by the client. The policy is then issued and automatically delivered via email. There are no delivery requirements.
- Coverpath’s payment modes are monthly and annual EFT only. There are no paper or group billing options.
- If you’d like to send multiple quotes to the same owner, look up the owner by email on the quote page in the search box labeled “Lookup existing client”.
- If you’d like to send multiple applications you can duplicate them in your Client Case Center.
- Your client submits the application. They do this by clicking on “Get my Decision” on the Verify section of the application. Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of this process.
- After the application has been submitted, Coverpath runs an algorithm to determine if the client qualifies for temporary life insurance coverage (TLIC). The client has to accept or decline to trigger a DocuSign email to their email inbox. Their eSignature is required to complete the application submission process.
- Coverpath orders the paramedical exam after the client eSigns. If you’d like to order yourself, or if one was already completed, notify Coverpath Support to cancel it.
- Coverpath orders an APS from parameds.com if one is needed at the underwriter's request.
- The client’s draft date will occur based on the final acceptance date of the policy. e.g. if the client accepted the final offer on 6/25/2020 their monthly EFT draft will occur on the 25th of each month. You can contact Coverpath Support to change this.
- If you’d like to backdate/save age contact Coverpath Support to request this after the underwriter sends the offer, but before you send the final offer to the client.
- Coverpath’s commission close is on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5pm EST.
- Typically, for clients aged 18-25 a record cannot be found in Lexis Nexis and therefore Coverpath cannot verify the client’s identity. If this happens, Coverpath Support will reach out to the client and request a copy of the ID/driver’s license.
3 Ways to Contact Coverpath Support
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-866-957-5347
- Live Chat: While in Coverpath, click the Chat icon (look at the bottom left of the page):