This option allows the advisor to fill out up to 99% of the application and send to the client for review and submission.
- Login to Coverpath
- Click on Quote or Apply on the home page. Note: if you are a proxy user (sales assistant, NBC, etc.), click here for instructions on how to select an advisor to proxy on their behalf.
- Fill out the owner and insured’s information
- Note: the owner will be the one completing the application, so be sure to enter the primary owner’s name and email address.
- If you have already sent a quote or an application to a client, you will receive the below error. You must use the search functionality (Search Clients) to find the client and populate their information on the quote page.
- Uncheck the “Insured is same as owner” checkbox if the insured will be different
- Be sure to change any commission split for this case by clicking EDIT. Click here for more information on commission splits.
- Fill out the quote by selecting a product type, then the product details. For information on how to create a joint application/quote click here. For more information on how to create a whole life application/quote click here.
- Click on Start Application
Enter a mobile phone number for the client. This allows us to send a unique code via text message to authenticate their identity before they access their application. The code will be sent to the client when they begin their portion of the app. Click Save.
IMPORTANT: You need to enter a correct mobile phone number where the client can be reached.
- Fill out the application on behalf of the owner and insured. You have full flexibility: answer questions you know and skip questions that you need the client to answer. When a section is complete, you will see a gold check mark on the left hand side. *You can not check the Acknowledgement box at the end of the app -- this is for the client only
- When you've completed as much of the application as you prefer, click on Ready to Send on the bottom left. You will get the following alert. Click Launch Email.
IMPORTANT: Once you send the application, only your client will be able to make edits and submit the application. For instructions on how to view a pending application and see the answers your client filled out, click here.
- Your default email system will populate an email, which includes a link to the application you prepared. You can personalize and then send the email; the link takes the client to a personalized greeting and the application. Click here for instructions on how to set up your default email system.
- After the client e-signs the app and submits it, you will be prompted via email for e-signature. You will also see an eSign button in the account center. You must sign the app before it can proceed to the next stage of processing.
Click here for details on the client experience.