Coverpath relies on MassMutual's credentialing platform to verify that your credentials are up-to-date.
This means you can follow all your standard credentialing process and maintenance. There is no Coverpath-specific credentialing involved. For example, if you normally maintain your State license through your Agency Licencing Coordinator (ALC), there is no change in process. Continue to follow the credentialing best practices that work for you and your firm.
MassMutual checks the following credentials across all insurance business solicitation and sales platforms, including Coverpath:
- State license
- State appointment
- Agency/advisor pairing (e.g. Is the agency association correct?)
- AML (Anti-Money Laundering) certification
If any of the above are not current at the time of business solicitation (e.g. sending a Coverpath application/proposal link to the client), you will see the following message:
Coverpath also checks credentials at two additional points during the app process:
- At time of app submission
- At time of policy issue
What you can do:
- Check your credentials (e.g. State license, Anti Money Laundering (AML) certification)
- If they are expired, follow your standard process to renew them
- If they are up-to-date, logout of Coverpath (hover over your name in the top-right of the page and select Logout)
- Wait 1 hour
- Go back to coverpath.com and login
- Your credential (if not expired) will have 'refreshed' in MassMutual's credentialing platform and you can proceed
If the error persists, contact Advisor Operations for assistance:
- (800) 767-1000 x48850
- Coverpath checks the state license based on the resident state of the Owner of the policy. Coverpath does not use signature state (the state in which the owner is present at time of eSignature).
- If you recently obtained or renewed a State license, remember that it can take several days for the State's transmission of the renewal data to reach life insurance providers (like MassMutual). The update is not instant. **Call or email Advisor Operations who can help expedite the update in MassMutual's credentialing platform if needed.**